How To Grow Your Facebook Audience. 10 Ways that help grow and feed your facebook fans.
What You Need To Know And Do To Grow Your Facebook Audience
Facebook is first and foremost a social media platform,an advertising media that is used mainly for socialising not selling. People don’t go on to facebook to buy, they go on to be entertained to connect with family, friends and colleagues. If you remember this you are less likely to lose potential customers and grow your facebook’s fans.
10 Tips To Grow Your Facebook Audience
1. Learn To Give your fans want something to come back for. Too many small holistic or spiritual businesses focus on selling than nurturing. Marketing is all about building connection and trust. Don’t just try to sell, this rarely works on facebook especially for if you are a coach, healer or therapist. You have to give your audience a good enough motivation to revisit, read and share your page’s posts. Post engaging content, freebies that would be of value or interest to your ideal audience. Don’t be tempted to ask clients to share your pages or posts without an incentive. Occasionally is fine, but it can be off putting to clients when a business constantly ask’s their audience to share their page or post’s with nothing in return. This rule applies to asking other businesses to share your posts. I have lost count the requests I get from other fb business owners who ask me to share their posts or page with no offer of reciprocal support.
2. Find Out What Your Customers Want, this can change over time, so keep asking, keep checking, keep offering. Survey Monkey’s is a great way to create market research surveys for your audicence for free. The free version allows your audience up to 10 questions anonymously if they want.
3. Make Sure Your Facebook Message Is Clear. Would a new visitor who see’s your facebook business banner or page, know instantly what solutions you offer? Check out my post Create A Facebook Cover. Make any instructions on your banner or page clear. If you want your audience to sign up for your freebie, tell them to sign up. If you want them to click the link tell them in the post.
4. Make Daily Regular Posts to remind potential customers you are there. Regular engaging content is good for facebook algorithms. Make sure your posts are not just a few words or more. Don’t share someones post without any comment. Again facebook algorithms are very clever. If you want your post’s to be served on your audience’s facebook feeds, you need to include decent quality content. This should include engaging videos, attention grabbing images and titles.
6. Reward Your Fans by offering them fabulous freebies, lead magnets and tips. Do things to thank fellow businesses who share or support your services. Don’t ever take for granted your audience, your supporters, your sharers, remember it is all about energy, give and take.
7. Never Post Your Products Or Services onto someone else’s page, this is like trying to set up a stall in someone else’s shop. You maybe surpised how many businesses try and do this.
8. Never Just Be-friend Someone to invite them to like your page, buy your product or come to an event. (This is a biggie on an average week I get at least 10 people ask to friend me and immediately a minute or so after they invite me to do buy something.) I now delete anyone who does this. I now rarely accept friend requests for the same reason. It is very off putting and definitely not a great marketing or network approach.
9. Share Related Articles, Blogs, Events… things your clients would be interested and benefit from. Mutual sharing of blogs, videos and other educational or content between fellow facebook business pages who have simlar audience is good practice. If done fairly it can be a win, win situation for you both. Sharing other people’s content makes your page more interesting and can be great for facebook algorithms. It is all about what your audience wants.
10. Make sure you add all your business details to your facebook page. Add your telephone, website, you can also add links to your different social media platforms.
Healthinomics offer amazing social media marketing bundles that will attract, engage and grow your facebook fans. These posts can be rotated and scheduled over the next few months
Are you struggling with your
Facebook Marketing, need some help?
[Originally published August 2016, re-published 16th March 2020]by